Montaev Ardak Bazarbekovich, Postgraduate student, Saratov State University named after N. G. Chernyshevsky (building 7, 120 Bolshaya Kazachya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Studying of job search strategies of university graduates is sufficiently important due to the current complicated situation in the modern Russian society, when old stereotypes of behavior are being destroyed, and socioeconomic and social transformations are rapid and not always smooth. For the modern society it is especially important to understand who are today's young people, what is their potential, values, preferences. The purpose of the study is to reveal features of job search strategies of graduates in Russia and Kazakhstan.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was achieved through the use of a number of sociological methods, giving an idea about the features of motivations and preferences of graduates when choosing a place of future work, the evaluation of the support provided by universities in Russia and Kazakhstan. The questionnaire was used as a research method.
Results. The author determined the features of job search strategies of graduates in Russia and Kazakhstan.
Conclusions. The study brings up for a discussion the existing significant differences in job search strategies, largely determinated by civilized norms and standards of behavior, occurred and gradually consolidating in the former Soviet Union territory.
1. Konstantinovskiy D. L., Cherednichenko G. A., Voznesenskaya E. D. Rossiyskiy student segodnya: ucheba plyus rabota [Russian stidents today: study plus work]. Moscow: TsSP, 2002, 170 p.
2. Konstantinovskiy D. L., Voznesenskaya E. D., Cherednichenko G. A., Khokhlushkina F. A. Zhiznennye traektorii molodezhi «10 let spustya» [Life trajectory of youth “10 years after”]. Moscow: IS RAN, 2010.
3. Gorshkov M. K., Sheregi F. E. Molodezh' Rossii: sotsiologicheskiy portret [Russian youth: sociological portrait]. Moscow: TsSP, 2010.
4. Kosharnaya G. B., Korzh N. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 2, pp. 58–64.
5. Kosharnyy V. P., Korzh N. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 126–135.
6. Korzh N. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2011, no. 1, pp. 56–63.
7. Lapin N. I. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2010, no. 1, pp. 28–36.
8. Magun V. S. Otechestvennye zapiski [National notes]. 2007, no. 3, pp. 23–39.
9. Lisovskiy V. T. Metodologiya i metodika izucheniya idealov i zhiznennykh planov molodezhi: avtoref. dis. kand. filos. nauk [Methodology and technique of studying ideals and life plans of youth: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of philosophy]. Leningrad, 1968.
10. Filippov F. R. Rossiyskaya sotsiologicheskaya entsiklopediya [Russian sociological encyclopedia]. Moscow: Norma, Infra-M, 1998.
11. Kapelyushnikov R. Vestnik obshchestvennogo mneniya. Dannye. Analiz. Diskussii [Bulletin of public opinion. Data. Analysis. Discussions]. 2004, no. 3 (71), pp. 26–34.
12. Markovich D. Sotsiologiya truda [Sociology of labor]. Moscow, 1988.
13. Kuz'menko N. F. Sotsial'noe povedenie bezrabotnykh na rynke truda v sovremennoy Rossii: dis. kand. sots. nauk [Social behavior of the unemployed in the labor market of modern Russia: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of sociological sciences]. Novocherkassk, 2001.